Besides her many years of experience speaking before university students in her capacity as educator, Lynn Roseberry has been an invited speaker at numerous conferences, organizations, and public events.
Selected Recent Engagements include:
- Featured speaker on sex equality in Denmark and abroad at Union of Lawyers and Economists, International Woman’s Day Seminar, March 6, 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Moderator for “Women’s Economic Empowerment, Entrepreneurship, and Participation in Political Decision-Making”, seminar with UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka and KVINFO executive director Elizabeth Moeller Jensen, UN Women Nordic Office, Copenhagen, Denmark, January 27, 2014
- Featured speaker on positive action at “Equality Law: What kind of Equality?”, an international seminar for lawyers, judges, human rights organizations, and academics organized by the Commission of the European Union, November 29, 2013, Brussels, Belgium .
She tailors her speaking style to her audience and context. She can be informal and relatable, professional and practical, as well as formal and conceptual. She enjoys speaking to all kinds of audiences and is comfortable fielding questions and comments.
She is happy to speak on any of the subjects covered in Bridging the Gender Gap or her other research.
- We need to leave the past behind: The way we’ve organized work and family life is an inheritance from the past that we need to disown.
- Beating the Whitecoat Syndrome: Forget all the brain scan studies, stories about our evolutionary ancestors, and other “scientific” explanations for the gender gap. Men and women are far more alike than different.
- Ambition is genderless: A little recognition for professional qualifications and talent does wonders for confidence and ambition.
- Wrestling with God and Mammon: How to deal with opposition to gender balance
- Of nursery rhymes and gender gaps: Resisting the temptation to do what’s comfortable.
- Why the law is not enough: judges, lawyers, and jurors – and even potential plaintiffs – are people, too.
On the Agenda™ Educonsulting
Lynn Roseberry is founding co-partner, with Johan Roos, Ph.D. , of On the Agenda™, a new, specialized gender consultancy combining research-based expertise in both gender and strategic management with international experience in executive education and consulting.
On the Agenda works with proactive companies interested in making sure they are attracting and promoting the best talent available so that they can take gender OFF the leadership agenda.
Lynn Roseberry and Johan Roos, authors of Bridging the Gender Gap (Oxford University Press 2014), work with CEOs, executive committees and managers to gender-proof their decisions, strategies, and procedures.
The On the Agenda™ approach
On the Agenda™ focuses on management and strategy rather than on “helping women”. We seek to develop the management and leadership skills necessary to promote a more equal distribution of men and women – aiming for a minimum of 40% of one gender in each team and unit.
On the Agenda™ works with gender balance because it is a management issue with strategic importance, not a women’s issue, a men’s issue, or merely a moral issue. On the Agenda™ helps companies learn to recognize and reward talent and ambition no matter which gender package it comes in and to reap the substantial economic benefits that result from achieving gender balance.